Friday 23 February 2007

The good news

Just in case there is anyone reading this blog who might want to know something about my life and that of my family , here's an update.

I've resigned from the Rotary Club of Forest Hill effective tomorrow. I am hoping to join the Rotary Club of Manningham, which will give me more networking opportunities and thus more witnessing opportunities in the area in which I live and minister. I've spent almost 6 years as a member of Forest Hill and served as president in 2005-06. It has been a difficult decision to make, but I believe it is a God directed one.

On Monday night I was presented with the regalia that goes with being named as a Paul Harris Fellow. This is recognition of my service as a rotarian and a salvationist. I am both honoured and humbled. I was even more humbled when a rotarian described me as having put a human face on religion. I hope that he means that he could see something of Jesus in me. That is always one of my aims in rotary; to let people see Jesus through me.

Both of our sons now have jobs although Ben's is only temporary. At least they will have some money and some activity during the day. Catherine will complete her secondary school career this year. Each of them are involved in the corps they attend, which is great for us to see. We have no desire to win the world and lose our children. So far God's grace has been sufficient.

And finally the air conditioner still isn't fixed, but at least it looks like we may be able to afford it now.

No comments: