Monday 9 April 2007

Another "F" word

A few posts ago I mused about words beginning with the letter F. I want to add another one to the list. Fellowship is a key factor in the Christian life. It would be really easy for me to avoid meeting people often. I cherish the time that is just for me and my family. Public holidays are normally mine and they are untouchable, barring emergencies, funerals etc.
Today we held the first Doncaster Corps Family Picnic for years. You can gather from the first paragraph that the idea wasn't mine. But what a good idea it was! God blessed us with beautiful weather and a happy crowd of people including one of the new families and a family that have been on the verge of dropping out.
It was great to sense the caring that was happening. It is a highlight of our current appointment that good things happen when people work and fellowship together. Pity about those who missed out! The rest of us were blessed.
Looks like becoming an annual event!!! I'll just have to work out when I can reclaim that time off.

No comments: