Wednesday 24 January 2007

Back to work!

So, furlough has ended and its back to work. Back to the many emails to be answered and the many envelopes to be opened, dealt with and filed. Why does it seem so much like running a business?

Proclaiming salvation, teaching holiness and soulwinning often seem so far removed from what I actually spend so much time doing that I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. Over the last week or so God's been reminding me of some of the people who I've seen come to Jesus and be saved. In our first appointment there was the simple man who accepted Jesus as Saviour just like a little child. A few appointments later, there was the lady who responded at the end of a Christianity Explained course. There was JS who got saved in the morning meeting when I'd decided she was going to get saved that night. Funny that after hearing the gospel proclaimed for almost a year, and completing Christianity Explained, she only understood after she had given her heart to Jesus. Then there was BS who got saved in our farewell meeting after years of listening to the gospel, and the people in my Alpha group at Ringwood and... so many others.

What was I doing then that I'm not doing now? Have people changed, or is it God?

It is so sad when people who have been connected to a corps for years leave still unsaved. I don't believe God has changed, so I'd better keeep on going. I return to work facing the challenges, and there are many, convinced that we as a corps and I as the leader must proclaim salvation and win people for Jesus.

No comments: