Saturday 6 January 2007

Holy people

I have a passion for preaching about holiness. Today my wife preached and one of our great soldiers complimented her on her gift of being able to make complicated concepts sound simple. She is a great teacher!

I've become quite emotional as I think about the saints at this corps. They show great faith in us as their leaders. They have followed our lead strongly. That's a scary thought, for me at least. When I think of their devotion to the cause of Christ the tears begin to well up in my eyes.

I would much rather follow some of them. They are great examples of holy living. One of our soldiers, a retired officer is so active within the corps. She was out at most of the caroling and kettling engagements. Today she celebrates her 60th anniversary of being commissioned as a Salvation Army Officer. She loves people. No wonder 2 of her children have followed their parents into officership.

I've begun to think that instead of preaching about holiness I should just ask her (and others) to stand and say "Here is a holy person. Copy them! Learn from them and allow The Holy Spirit to make you like them, because as you do you'll become more like Jesus."

It is a privilege beyond comparison to be the Corps Officer of such people.

No comments: