Saturday 27 January 2007

If... Then

Tomorrow is our first Sunday back from furlough. It is my privilege to present the Word of God. In the Australia Southern Territory we have been asked to give our people the opportunity of giving to a Drought Appeal that the Territory has launched. As we've been away the corps isn't aware and won't come prepared. So I'll present the need and we'll receive the gifts next Sunday instead.

I have for some time been contemplating the promise of God to Solomon and the people of Israel recorded in 2 Chronicles 7:14. Here it is "if my people, who are called by my name; will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will heal their land." New International Version

The preceding verse begins "When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain..." shows why I have been thinking of this promise in relation to the drought. Is it applicable to today's drought? Is it drawing a long bow to liken the people of Australia to the people of Israel in the time of Solomon?

I have been shown some prophetic words in recent days which relate to the Christian Church in Australia and another which relates to The Salvation Army in the western world. Follow the link to Andrew Bale's blog and read the prophecy for yourself. I am not totally endorsing what Andrew says he was given by God, but it does tie in with the words related to the Church in Australia.

It seems that God is wanting to give me a message about my relationship with Him as well as the relationship the church I lead has with Him.

Chapter 6 of 2 Chronicles contains King Solomon's prayer. It too has this if we do this then God will do this feel about it.

It seems to me that God is calling His people to a return to intimacy with Him. He wants to have His people seeking his face in prayer and in all humility build a strong relationship with Him.

It also seems that He wants His people to return in repentance to obey Him.

I have no doubts that He wants to heal our land and restore His Church and build that part of the Universal Church that worships at Doncaster Salvation Army. But it seems that He may be wanting us to return Him to the throne of our lives.

Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Major Tim Lynn said...

WOW! God prepared my heart to speak last Sunday on these same words of promise for "life-giving" revival.
Peter, I too have read Andrew Bale's prophetic writing relative to the western world, and find it to be indicative of God's desire to make us each more relational to Him and more intentional for His cause.
I'd be interested in a link to the prophetic words relating to the Church in Australia. Can you advise me?
Every blessing upon your leadership and ministry within the Doncaster community!