Monday 8 January 2007

Bible in a year

I have decided to encourage people to build their relationship with Jesus intentionally this year. Part of the way I am going to build my own relationship with Him is to systematically read through the Bible in this year. There are many ways of doing this. I'm using a CD that enables me to read a few chapters of the Old Testament and a chapter of the New Testament most days. I'm aiming to make this the first thing I do when I come to the office each day. 8 days so far and I've managed to make the reading each day.

Its been great to read through the stories of creation through to Abraham and see them come to life again. This morning I was reading the Sermon on the Mount in Matthew from The Message. Its certainly different but it does help to make it fresh and give new insights.

This blog will in some ways act as a journal as I reflect on verses that speak to me.

No comments: